The VPN features of Onward are used to generate reports and track your usage. Sometimes, VPNs can be quirky and you may encounter connectivity issues that appear to be caused by the Onward VPN. Here are some steps for troubleshooting your connection.
If you are having issues only while via 4G/LTE and not via Wi-Fi please make sure you have Cellular enabled for Onward. Go to Settings > Cellular > Onward and make sure it's On.
Also, try to toggle Airplane Mode On, wait seven seconds, then toggle Off.
If you're still having connection problems:
- Go to Settings -> General -> VPN
- If there are any other VPN profiles installed other than “Onward VPN”, click on the (i) icon and ensure that “Connect On Demand” is disabled
- Click on the (i) icon next to Onward VPN
- If “Connect On Demand” is enabled, try turning it off, and then back on
- Restart your phone
- Make sure your chosen network (Wifi or Mobile carrier) is active and the Onward VPN is on